Best Inflatable Pontoon Boat for the Money in 2020
In This Article
- Inflatable Pontoon Boat
- Which is the Best Inflatable Pontoon Boat for the Money
- Classic Accessories Colorado XT Inflatable Pontoon Boat
- Classic Accessories Colorado Inflatable Fishing Boat
- Classic Accessories Cumberland Inflatable Fishing Float Tube
- Classic Accessories Roanoke Inflatable Pontoon Boat
- Sea Eagle 285 Inflatable Frameless Fishing Pontoon Boat
- Sea Eagle Green 375fc Inflatable FoldCat Fishing Boat
- Classic Accessories Colorado XTS Inflatable Fishing Pontoon Boat
- Buying Guide
- Advantages of Inflatable Pontoon Boats
- Types of Inflatable Pontoon Boats
- Differences Between a Frameless and Metal-Framed Pontoon Boat
- Inflatable Pontoon vs. Inflatable Kayak
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Verdict
Inflatable Pontoon Boat
One day I met a guy that had his pontoon boat loaded on the back of his truck. I talked with him at length about his boat. He had it rigged up perfectly, I thought. It had the platform for standing up and a leaning bar that folded down out of the way. There was a smaller platform behind the seat that had a battery box mounted on it to carry the battery for his electric motor. He had rigged up a single wheel in the back, so it would be easier to get the boat down to the water.
I thought that was a great idea and a time saver as well. Instead of having to make a bunch of trips carrying everything down to the water and then inflate the pontoons, you could load everything onto your boat and pull it down to the water in one trip. That means more time on the water catching fish. I regret I didn’t have my camera with me to take some pictures of his boat. He said that he bought his boat online and that he paid just under $800 by the time all was said and done.
That sounded better to me and was more in the ballpark for the amount I was willing to spend. I already have an electric motor my father gave me for my 12-foot aluminium, so all I needed was a new battery. So, I started looking online, and the best selection I found was at Amazon.
Which is the Best Inflatable Pontoon Boat for the Money
I gather down a list of top of top inflatable boat available at Amazon based on few features. You can find the all list of features explained at below in the buying guide section.
Classic Accessories Colorado XT Inflatable Pontoon Boat
- 9-foot pontoon boat with tough powder-coated steel tube frame
- Heavy-duty pontoons with abrasion-resistant PVC bottoms
- 6-position fishing rod holder; unique dual-side stripping apron
- Removable storage bags with 20 pockets; 2-position motor mount
- 400-pound capacity; measures 108 x 26 x 56 inches (W x H x D)
Colorado XT inflatable pontoon boat is one of the most popular types of pontoon boats available in the market. This pontoon boat comes with all the features which make the fishing experience enjoyable for the fishermen. It is often called the top of the line products for its versatile features and performance. It is generally 9 feet long and can carry up to 400 pounds. The transport wheel can be separated from the boat quickly to place it in suitable storage. It comes with a waterproof motor mount, two foam fly patches which are easily detachable, two gear bags with 20 pockets to store different things, two insulated cup holders, and so on.
The bottom part of this inflatable pontoon boat is made with heavy-duty PVC, which can give protection against leakage and puncture. The upper part of it is made with a sturdy nylon. It can be used in any weather condition as the bladders are made of vinyl, which can give it protection against both hot and cold weather.
What We Like –
- This inflatable pontoon boat is quite easy to assemble.
- Being made of heavy-duty and sturdy material, it is abrasion resistant.
- You can use it both with rowing and running motor.
- With two gear bags and 20 pockets, it offers a lot of space to keep different things.
- It doesn’t take much space to fit. Even in a medium-sized car, you can adjust it easily.
What we don’t like:
- The seats are made of the metal tube, so it might cause pain on your butt sitting for a long time.
- The position of the motor of this pontoon boat is very awkward. If you are using a heavy motor or battery, you might get imbalanced with the weight of it.
So, the Colorado XT pontoon boat is the best inflatable pontoon boat for any fisherman. With excellent storage capacity and other features, it has become a popular choice for the fishermen.
Classic Accessories Colorado Inflatable Fishing Boat
- Rod holder can be mounted in three different positions on each oar stand
- Anchor System with fillable mesh bag; cleat and pulley controls can fit on right or left side of boat
- Sturdy two position Motor mount for trolling
- Three oar lock positions
- Padded fold down plastic seat
If you are looking for an inflatable pontoon boat to take your fishing experience to a whole new level, the Colorado inflatable fishing pontoon boat with motor mount is the right choice for you. The partially stuffed seats and length have made it the most desirable ones. Its carrying capacity and flexibility can provide any fisherman a great comfort. As the lower part of it has made of PVC, it is completely torn and wear-proof. It comes with a lot of space options for more than one person. A robust motor mount allows you a more extended time for shipping in water.
If you want to fish in the flat and white water, this is the best option for you. With the trolling motor, you can reach any place without making any noise.
What We Like –
- This pontoon boat is made of sturdy materials, which has made it more durable.
- The lower part of it can be in close contact with the water
- You will get plenty of storage options in this pontoon boat.
- This pontoon boat is quite budget-friendly compared to other ones in the market.
- The seats it is very comfortable. So, you can spend hours fishing sitting on it.
- The operating system is quite easy with this pontoon boat.
What we don’t like:
- As it is made of a steel frame, it is quite challenging to move the body of it.
- The seats can’t be rotated. So, fishing from different angles are difficult with this inflatable pontoon boat.
Classic Accessories Cumberland Inflatable Fishing Float Tube
- Roomy armrest storage with additional reel pockets, gear pockets, small mesh pockets and flat zipper pockets
- Extra large and comfortable backrest
- Rear storage pockets and exterior mesh storage pocket
- D-rings for attaching gear and creel bags
- Horizontal rod holder
Those who want to experience float tubing can go for Cumberland inflatable fishing float tube. It is a budget friendly float boat having all the features one needs for fishing comfortably. This boat is spacious so you can bring several fishing gears, rod, and other things easily along with you while fishing. If you are looking for a compact boat with plenty of storage option and other features, you should get this inflatable float tube. This boat is highly transportable. You can carry it in your backpack without giving much effort. Sitting arrangement of this boat is also very comfortable as the seats are padded. It is suitable for both average and larger sized person. With the capacity of 350 pounds maximum, this pontoon boat comes with overall weight of only 17 pounds. It is made of heavy-duty PVC fabric which has made it more durable and sturdier.
What We Like –
- This inflatable float boat is very lightweight so it can be carried easily from one place to another.
- One can sit comfortable on this boat as the sitting arrangement is quite comfortable.
- You will get a lot of storage option to keep the fishing gear.
What we don’t like:
- The upper part of the tube tends to get damaged easily
- Many customers have complained to get leaky and faulty valves.
Classic Accessories Roanoke Inflatable Pontoon Boat
If you are looking for the cheapest inflatable pontoon boat, this is the best option for you. It is one of the affordable and minimalist pontoon boat out there in the market. It comes with very minimum features. It weighs only 43 pounds. It can take weight of 350 pounds easily. Having ample of storage area and footrest, this is the best inflatable pontoon boat in the most affordable price.
The lightweight design offers easy portability and durability. It comes with a lot of storage options which can be used for keeping fishing gear and other accessories easily. The adjustable footrest provide you ample of options to sit comfortably. It can accommodate even tall people easily.
Heavy duty PVC is used to make the bottom of it which has made this boat abrasion resistant. However, the upper part is made of sturdy nylon material. It is weather resistant and can provide you a great fishing experience in any weather condition.
What We Like –
- This inflatable pontoon boat is affordable for everyone.
- For the lightweight feature, it is easy to row and maintain.
- The sturdy and strong material have made it puncture resistant.
What we don’t like:
- It is difficult to maintain the boat in windy weather.
- The seating arrangement is quite uncomfortable.
Sea Eagle 285 Inflatable Frameless Fishing Pontoon Boat
- Exterior: 9′ x 4′ / Interior: 6’2″x1’4″ / Deflated: 24″x14″x12″ / Tube Diameter: 16″
- Weight: 30 lbs. (hull only) 42 lbs. (with floorboard and motormount) / Load Capacity: 1 person or 450 lbs.
- Engine Capacity: 3hp (45 lbs. max) or 55 lb. Thrust (min 30″ shaft)
- Material: 1000 Denier Reinforced / Seam: Quadruple Overlapping Superior Glued Seams / Material: 1000 Denier 36 mil / Chambers: 3
- Inflation and Assembly Time: 5 Mins. / Noma certified
Sea Eagle 285 Inflatable Frameless Fishing pontoon boat is one of the most popular choices for the fishermen who want to take fishing seriously. It comes with a lot of features suitable for making your fishing game on top. It has made keeping the fishermen’s needs in mind. It comes with a rod holder, plenty of storage options, motor mount, hardwood floor, 360 oarlocks, and other few things which will make your fishing experience better.
This inflatable pontoon boat can be used in two ways. You can either row it or run the motor. If you are not running it without an engine, you will get ample of space in the boat, and your boat will become lightweight and perfect for fishing. You can also rotate your seat in a 360-degree direction and get an ideal view of fishing from every angle. When you mount the motor to the boat, the weight goes to 59 pounds and occupies different things like floorboard, motor mount, swivel set, and so on.
The frameless design of the boat has made it portable easily. It is easy to assemble and can be carried in a backpack. One can be fishing with this boat in lake, river, bay areas, and anywhere in the still and calm water. It comes with a large air chamber, which helps it to support enough weight.
What We Like –
- It requires very little time to assemble and fit to go.
- Plenty of things can behold together in this boat.
- Stand up fishing is possible with the hardwood floor.
What we don’t like:
- The tracking system of this boat is indigent.
- The rod holders are situated in an awkward position.
Sea Eagle Green 375fc Inflatable FoldCat Fishing Boat
- Exterior: 12′ 4″ x 4′ 6″ / Weight: 75 lbs. (hull only)
- Material: 1000 Denier Reinforced / Seam: Quadruple Overlap Seams
- Capacity: 2 Adults or 650 lbs / Inflation & Assembly time: 10 mins. Inflation Pressure: 3.2 psi
- Engine Capacity: 3 hp gas (15″ Shaft) or 70 lbs. thrust Electric Motor (45 lbs. max wt.)
When it comes to two-person inflatable fishing boat, Sea eagle green 375 inflatable FoldCat fishing boat is the best thing to consider. It is durable, convenient, and, most importantly, a perfect inflatable boat for anyone who wants to get the best fishing experience.
Sea Eagle is the leading manufacturer of inflatable fishing boats around the world. It comes with twin boats, each with 16.5” diameter each. These are joined in the area of fewer than two feet distance. It provides excellent comfort to the fishermen for fishing together. The floor of the pontoon boat is made of a kind of fabric which can prevent from falling in any weather condition. Its maximum capacity is 650lbs, which can carry two fishers together.
What We Like –
- The sitting arrangement of this pontoon boat is quite relaxing and comfortable.
- This is the best inflatable pontoon boat for the two fishermen.
- It allows for excellent stability while fishing.
- It comes with swivel, which can rotate in 360 degrees.
- It is available in different configurations.
- It is quite easy to set up and handle.
What we don’t like:
- Few find this product has poor crafting quality.
Classic Accessories Colorado XTS Inflatable Fishing Pontoon Boat
What We Like –
- This boat is quite easy to assemble and store.
- Different pockets in the boat provide a great storage option to the user.
- It comes with significant weight capacity for a single person.
What we don’t like:
- There is no place for mounting the motor.
- The swivel seat might not be suitable and appropriate for all the users.
In my quest to find the ultimate inflatable pontoon boat, I have discovered a few significant factors to consider before purchasing one. So, I thought it would be prudent to share them with you.
Usages Type –
One of the most important factors to consider is; where you will be doing most of your fishing and by that, I mean, will you be fishing mostly on rivers or lakes? If you plan on fishing mostly on rivers, your pontoon boat will have to be very sturdy. The apparent reason is that you will undoubtedly encounter some form of rapids and rocks or logs that you will have to traverse. The sturdier and more durable your boat, the better it will stand up to this type of use. The trade-off here is that your pontoon boat will weigh more.
If, on the other hand, you do most of your fishing on small lakes, then you could (I don’t recommend it) scrimp a little and get a lighter pontoon boat. The trade-off here is obvious, as well. It probably will not last if a sturdier model because you do encounter rocky shorelines on lakes too.
Something else to consider is what type of warranty it comes with. Is there a money-back guarantee? Does it have a trial period in which you can use to try it out and see whether it’s right for you? A Quality Manufacturer will offer these things. Money-back guarantees and trial periods tell you that the manufacturer has confidence in their products.
Another consideration is whether you must get wet when using your inflatable fishing boat. Do you have to sit in it with your feet or legs in the water? This might be OK on a lovely sunny summer day, but it will significantly reduce the time you spend on the water in the spring or fall when the water temperature is much colder. Being entirely out of the water is much more desirable to me. Also, having a platform to stand upon and stretch will reduce fatigue in your legs, and it’s great for casting as well.
I decided on an inflatable pontoon fishing boat finally. It has almost everything that I was looking for. It’s got the standing platform; you sit up out of the water, the oars are light and very sturdy. It’s built by a reputable company that is one of the best in the industry. It has a mount for my electric motor. The pontoons are very durable; they are constructed from heavyweight PVC nylon and have an internal air cell. It is slightly on the heavy side, 68lbs, to be exact, but I knew that from the start because I planned on doing a lot of river fishing. By the way, it carries a 5-year warranty as well.
The only thing that I didn’t like about my new inflatable pontoon boat was the skimpy little platform behind the seat. It’s made of fabric and surely wouldn’t hold a massive battery. So, I plan on installing a piece of corrugated aluminium, which I can mount a battery box on. It should do the trick.
So, there you have it, my quest for the ultimate inflatable pontoon boat is over. I have what I believe is the ultimate pontoon fishing boat that will last me for many years. There are many different models to choose from, and you will have to decide what’s right for you.
Inflatable pontoon boats are great
Inflatable pontoon boats are more versatile than many sportsmen and women think. When most people think of a pontoon boat, they think of a craft that is held up by giant metal tanks that hold air, but there are also inflatable versions of the same kind of boat. There are many advantages to having this version versus the older, more outdated type, and we will discuss them here.
Advantages of Inflatable Pontoon Boats
The first advantage is probably the most obvious, and that would be the fact that it is more mobile due to the immense difference in weight. With inflatable bladders as floats, pontoon boats can be portaged across land much more comfortable, allowing them to be launched from places previously unseen to boat users. A heavier design would prevent this mobility and render the craft tied to bodies of water that were accessible by car.
Can be repaired easily
The next benefit we will discuss is the fact that inflatable pontoon boats can be repaired much more comfortable than metal hulled boats. Sure, it may take less to puncture them, but it doesn’t take a trip to the welder to fix them either. Most repairs are completed with a simple patch in much the same way a bike tire is repaired. The user simply carries along with a small repair patch kit, and all contingencies that can be foreseen are taken care of.
Fishermen can appreciate inflatable pontoon boats
Inflatable pontoon boats can help fishermen by helping get them into the deepest part of the lakes and reservoirs that cannot be accessed by fishing the shore. Due to the lightweight construction of these kinds of crafts, fishers can now get into bodies of water that are prohibited to other, more substantial boat designs. Don’t be limited anymore.
They also offer an advantage to those who are hoping to hit some white water. Stable hull boats are prone to catastrophic damage like holes or cracks, which are costly to repair if they can be repaired at all. Repairing an inflatable pontoon boat is simple in comparison.
Types of Inflatable Pontoon Boats
Different types of inflatable pontoon boats are available in the market. Most of them come for the single and multi-person. Single person, inflatable pontoon boat is always the right choice as it is easy to transport. But if you want to go fishing with your friends and loved ones, you can go for the other option. Generally, the inflatable pontoon boats are available in four types. These are-
- Frameless inflatable pontoon boat
- Inflatable pontoon boat with frames
- The backpackable pontoon boat
- The pontoon boat-float tube hybrid
- Frameless Inflatable Pontoon Boats
The frameless inflatable pontoon boats are the most popular type of pontoon boat. It is easier to assemble and carry than the other type of pontoon boat. As it doesn’t have any frame, it is lighter than the different versions. Though it is lightweight and easy to transport, it can support a significant weight with high stability. So, if you are looking for an inflatable pontoon boat that is easier to carry and offer you excellent maneuverability, you should go for this type of inflatable pontoon boat. This is the best inflatable pontoon boat for the money.
Framed Inflatable Pontoon Boats
In framed inflatable pontoon boat, two large air bladders become connected with a metal frame. In most of the framed pontoon boat, seats are attached. It takes a long time to assemble than the frameless one. But it has some fantastic features comparing to the other types of inflatable boats. You can add motors to it to get better performance. It also has different pockets, which will provide you the storage option to keep different fishing gears. If you want to be close to the water while catching fish and add motors to the boat, you can consider this option.
The backpackable pontoon boat
The backpackable pontoon boat is a popular choice for the people who want to carry the boat in their back and must walk for a long time. Usually, every single person pontoon boat can be folded and carried in a large backpack. Depending on the size of the pontoon boat, you will need to buy a backpack. Usually, the backpackable pontoon boats are smaller and lighter easily carriable for the person of all ages. However, due to their smaller size, it can’t take enough weight.
Float Tube Hybrid Pontoon boat
This type of boat is also called a kick boat. It can be compared to the float tube where the anglers can sit between two pontoons, and their legs remain in the water. This boat is, however, not suitable for floating on the large river.
So, these are a few basic types of an inflatable pontoon boat, you can get for fishing.
Differences Between a Frameless and Metal-Framed Pontoon Boat
There are many significant differences between frameless and metal-framed pontoon boats. Frameless pontoon boats are quite popular among the people for its easy to assemble and disassemble features. It is also easier to transport and store. This type of boat is also easier to carry, and you can keep it anywhere. The only problem with this boat is, you will need to pump air to it.
Frameless pontoon boats come with air bladders, which can adjust the weight capacity easily. If you want to put extra weight on it, you will need to pump some excess air on it. But the price of this pontoon boat is generally higher than the framed ones.
On the other hand, the metal-framed pontoon boats are more massive than the frame-less ones. It can’t be transported easily. Again, for the more substantial, considerable weight can’t be supported with this boat. But multiple people can easily go fishing in this pontoon boat.
Inflatable Pontoon vs. Inflatable Kayak
If you are confused between the inflatable pontoon boat and kayak, you should do some research. Both have some pros and cons which you need to consider before buying. If you are an occasional fisherman who wants to go fishing on your leisure, you should go for the Inflatable pontoon boat. An inflatable pontoon boat is budget-friendly and suitable for all. On the other hand, the inflatable kayak is for the serious fisherman who goes out fishing often.
An inflatable pontoon boat is better than an inflatable kayak in many ways. Moderate price, flexibility, ease of use, maneuverability, and versatility in everything you will get advantages while using the inflatable pontoon boat.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much a pontoon boat cost?
Before buying an inflatable pontoon boat, you should decide how much you can spend on it. The price range should be in your affordability. However, the price of the pontoon boat depends on many things. For every added feature on the pontoon boat, you might add extra money. If you have a large budget, you can go for the frameless pontoon boat, which comes with excellent value for money. But if you have a low budget, you must buy one with the most basic features. Usually, the price of the pontoon boat starts from $200 and goes up to $2000 and $3000. You can get an entry-level inflatable pontoon boat with this price. If you need a pontoon boat with extra features, you must increase your budget.
How many seats should you purchase in an inflatable pontoon boat?
The choice of seats in inflatable pontoon boats varies significantly on the personal preference of the user. Getting an additional one or two more seats in the pontoon boat might cost you as much as buying a new pontoon boat. Again, if you buy a pontoon boat with more than one seat, you will need to reserve additional space to keep it. So, it is better to get a single seat inflatable pontoon boat for one-person to use. If there is no issue with the budget and storage, you can go with the multiple seat inflatable pontoon boat.
How to get the best inflatable pontoon boat?
Different types of inflatable pontoon boats are available in the market. But you can’t pick up any one of them randomly. You will need to decide which inflatable pontoon boat will be best suited for your needs. You can also add a lot of things in your pontoon boat. So, at first, you need to determine what is the maximum budget you could spend to get your desired pontoon boat. However, you should not spend your entire budget to get the pontoon boat. You can spend two-third of it to buy a pontoon boat, and the rest of it can be invested in motor, grill, fishing rod, bimini top and other accessories. You can customize your boat entirely according to your needs and preferences.
So, purchasing the best pontoon boat for shipping can be daunting if you don’t know much about the features and price of a pontoon boat. Depending on your choice, you will need to determine whether you want to go for a single seat inflatable pontoon boat or multiple seat ones. For the budget investor single seat, an inflatable pontoon boat is the best option to get.
Best Inflatable Pontoon Boat for the Money in 2020
What is the best inflatable pontoon boat for fishing on the market in 2020? Check our top 7 reviews along with the detailed buying guide.